1. Skip to Menu
  2. Skip to Content
  3. Skip to Footer

Did You Know

Henry White Farm…

Henry White Farm…

The White Experimental Farm, located on Hwy 158 between Belleville and Millstadt (part of the old Belleville Prairie) was owned by Henry White who had built the old White Schoolhouse, and that Virginia Vollmer Brieasacher, prior resident of Old Oak Estate Farm, lived at the White Farm as a girl and went to the White Schoolhouse.  Virginia's family rented the White farmstead from Henry's sister, Mi…

Native American Camp…

Native American Camp…

Old Oak Estate Farm rest on what was once an Native American camp, mostly likely belonging to the Tamaroa or Cahoika Tribes. Nearby natural creeks and ponds made the land good for hunting and agriculture.…

Once Called Belleville Prairie…

Once Called Belleville Prairie…

Did you know that Old Oak Estate Farm was situated in an area that was once called Belleville Prairie? It was southwest of Belleville and northeast of Millstadt, west of Roachtown, and northwest of Smithton (formally Georgetown). George Briesacher bought the farmland from John Teeter in 1854.…

Subject to Four Governments…

Subject to Four Governments…

The land that now makes Old Oak Estate Farm has been historically a subject to four government: Illiniwek Confederation (1500s to 1673), France (1673 to 1763), Great Britain (1763 to 1783), and the United States (1783 to Present).…

Union Hill Cemetery…

Union Hill Cemetery…

Union Hill Cemetery, located between Belleville and Millstadt off of Hwy 158, interns many founding members of Millstadt, Belleville Prairie, and Roachtown.  It's the oldest cemetery in the area.  The ancestors of Old Oak Estate Farm (iesacher, Vollmer/Fullmer, Hatfields..)  are interned there as well as the ancestors of the famous mid-century billionaire, ard Hughese…

Vetted Odonata Records…

Vetted Odonata Records…

Great news! Old Oak Estate Farm now has three (3) vetted records with Dragonfly Society of the Americas' OdonataCentral website. Odonata is the species name for dragonflies and damselflies. Learning about these fantastic fliers has been a wonderful education.…


History and Timeline of Old Oak Estate Farm

 

 

To begin the history of Old Oak Estate Farm we must go back as far the record keeping allows us to, which is about 400 years.  If we could only travel to that time and visit the farm's first ancestors when the farm was not a "farm" but a part of a vast prairie land, we would undoubtedly see a beautiful world full of trees, animals, and open spaces.  People would be hard to come by and the world would be quiet from the buzz and hum of our communication and transportation world. The estate's early ancestors left, unknowingly, artifacts that bare witness to their living here.  Those ancestors were the Native Americans. 

Explore further...History and Timeline of Old Oak Estate Farm

Subject to Four Governments

The land that now makes Old Oak Estate Farm has been historically a subject to four government: Illiniwek Confederation (1500s to 1673), France (1673 to 1763), Great Britain (1763 to 1783), and the United States (1783 to Present).

Henry White Farm

The White Experimental Farm, located on Hwy 158 between Belleville and Millstadt (part of the old Belleville Prairie) was owned by Henry White who had built the old White Schoolhouse, and that Virginia Vollmer Brieasacher, prior resident of Old Oak Estate Farm, lived at the White Farm as a girl and went to the White Schoolhouse.  Virginia's family rented the White farmstead from Henry's sister, Miss Lydia White who resided there and in Florida.

Union Hill Cemetery

Union Hill Cemetery, located between Belleville and Millstadt off of Hwy 158, interns many founding members of Millstadt, Belleville Prairie, and Roachtown.  It's the oldest cemetery in the area.  The ancestors of Old Oak Estate Farm (Briesacher, Vollmer/Fullmer, Hatfields ...)  are interned there as well as the ancestors of the famous mid-century billionaire, Howard Hughes.

Subcategories